Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Amanda Knox Leaves Italy En Route To U.S.

Amanda Knox Leaves Italy En Route To U.S. : NPR:

'via Blog this'

"Amanda Knox flew home Tuesday after four years in an Italian prison, as the dramatic reversal of her murder conviction stunned the victim's family, angered the prosecution and left questions unanswered over who killed her British roommate."

This is more like totally worse than awful, but I wanted to post it since it's something I've been following since it happened. I can't imagine having to spend four years in prison in a foreign country for a crime I didn't commit (assuming she's innocent, which is what I lean towards). Maybe I was influenced by the press, I don't know, but I have always thought this case was a little far fetched. That doesn't change the fact that Meredith Kercher died a brutal death, but lets not turn this into a witch-hunt.

On the other side, I'm sure the amount of relief Amanda Knox feels right now must be unimaginable. I'm also going to go ahead and predict a book and possible movie coming out down the road, as unsympathetic as that sounds.

What shocks me is that Amanda Knox says she'll go back to Italy. Maybe she's just trying to keep her head held high and use a little diplomacy before she gets out of the country. I would never come back, ever. One, for fear of being jailed again. Two, a big F You for holding me in prison for four years for a crime that, at the very least, can't be proven.

I hope Amanda has a safe trip home and can someday find some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment